Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Not the greatest homecoming for OJ
Well it wasn't pretty (for him or the team), but OJ Mayo had a team-high 17 points in his return to Los Angeles in a 99-89 loss to the LA Lakers at Staples Center. In a game that saw DJ Mbenga get a standing ovation, it was a somewhat quiet match up that saw Kobe Bryant net a game-high 31 points and saw the Lakers snap their two game loosing streak. Mayo at times defended the reigning MVP and did a good job, but the rest of the team didn't do as well on Kobe or the rest of the Lakers. The Grizzlies got close to the Lakers at times, but the game was never in doubt as the Lakers kept pulling away whenever Memphis put the pressure on. The last time Mayo was at Staples was in the Pac-10 Tournament last year, where he had 15 points in a 57-54 loss to UCLA in the Pac-10 Semifinal. Perhaps the best part of the night for OJ or the crowd was when Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler were on the Kiss Cam.
- Best Show of the Year!
- Monday Morning Point Guard
- Women's Pac-10 Championship Game
- USC Magic rubs off on the Women of Troy
- USC goes Dancing!
- Pac-10 Championship
- USC 33, UCLA 28
- USC-UCLA the Pac-10 Tourney Rematch
- WBB: USC 70, ASU 65
- Women's Bball, USC vs. Arizona State
- The Weekend Preview
- USC-Cal on KSCR Sports Stream
- Kicking off the Real Pac-10 Tounament
- Wednesday Morning Sports Talk
- MMPG - Tournament Selection
- KSCR is LIVE!
- Tuesday Noon Show on KSCR
- Not the greatest homecoming for OJ
- OJ just Ok
- OJ Applause
- The Return of OJ
- Women's Basketball vs. Stanford
- ▼ March (22)